Sunday, October 22, 2017

3 pieces of KFC, extra crispy,,,

I was in Madrid today.  It was my last day touring Europe and I was a bit blue.  I found myself walking through old  town and headed down a  steep hill.  Down, down, down, which matched my mood.  

An elderly, slightly disheveled woman began staring at me as I waited to cross the street. Her eyes were glacial blue and admittedly she made me a bit uncomfortable,  The wizened woman was not begging as some are prone to do when down and out.  She approached me, somewhat tentatively. She had a smallish puppy with her with a home maid leash made out of twine.  She asked if I might have a bit to eat in my backpack; something she could give her puppy to provide nourishment. 

I asked if her puppy liked chicken.  Her lined face lit up and she answered emphatically "Yes, of course she does!" What did she and her puppy have for dinner?  3 pieces of KFC, extra crispy.