Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Paris Red....

Red is now in for those in touch with modern day fashion trends. The ironic thing is that a good red lipstick has and always will be in. It's a classic and classics are eternal. I first wore a red lipstick back in my early 20’s. I didn’t wear it every day as I was, and am, a minimalist when it comes to all things (including makeup). Back in the days when I chose to wear a red lipstick, I wore Max Factor Paris Red. It was the perfect shade of red for me--red with a blue undertone. It was affordable for a girl on a limited budget. It gave the illusion of a confidence that belied a girl of 21. I wore Paris Red on those days and nights when I needed to feel powerful; at those times when I wanted to make a statement. Much to my chagrin Max Factor discontinued this shade a few years ago. Now in middle age I can better afford the alternative red lipstick as a substitution for Paris Red. I now wear Coco Chanel Rogue Coco Gabrielle on those times when I need a boost of confidence. Despite that, I still miss the hue, the impact, of Max Factor Paris Red.