Monday, July 2, 2018

God is within me...

That notion of a God way up in the sky, way past the clouds, has become, for better or worse, a thing of the past for me.  Now in my mid-50’s, I realize that wherever I am, God is. He/She is around me, but more importantly, He/She  is within me. That divinity of pure goodness, of love, of that best part of myself, lies God.  He/she is not a mythical Santa Claus like figure, who I ask for things I want. He/she does not hold a power over me but guides me in that still small voice.  He/she is that intuitive part of myself that knows when I make that higher rather than lower choice I will feel it in my gut, in my inner self if only I listen.

He/she resides in the deepest part of my heart.  Carried here, where only the purest, cleanest, part of myself resides.  God does not need to be shouted nor does He/She have to be on a bumper sticker on the back part of my car.  It is enough to know that wherever I am, God is.