Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I believe in you...

Another quote from "Before We Were Yours" was so spot on. When talking with a friend the other day, she said she felt that when I lost my Dad I lost my best friend. This is true. My Dad was my confidant, my mentor, my dear friend. Although it has been well over 12 years since I lost my Dad to cancer, I can still feel him guiding me in my life. I know he is still there for me: encouraging, directing, advising. The night he passed away he said "You have a good heart, Julie. I believe in you."
I got tearful the other day when my brother accompanied to my father's grave .I placed my hand on Dad's grave. I said that I hated that Dad could not be here to see the good man that Q. had become. My brother said that Dad knows. I do believe my brother was right.
“One of the best things a father can do for his daughter is let her know that she has met his expectations. My father did that for me, and no amount of effort on my part can fully repay the debt.” ― Lisa Wingate, "Before We Were Yours".