Thursday, December 28, 2017

Let me preface this…

Let me preface this by saying that I consider myself, in general,  to be a positive, grateful gal. I practice gratitude daily.   Heck, not only do I keep a gratitude journal, I list things for which I’m grateful as I shower every morning (“If I list the top 10 blessings in my life quickly, I’ll finish by the time I wash my hair”.)

Despite this there are merely those mornings. You know what I’m talking about. (“Do any of us ever wake up feeling like a total, well, you know?”).
It may be due to a dull headache which has lasted several days or noticing a new pain in a part of body you had long ago forgotten (“Seriously?!! Is this what getting older feels like?”)

It could it be that glass of wine you drank last night or not hydrating yourself throughout the day (“Did I drink at least 8 glasses of water?”).
It may be due to that time of year when the holidays roll around;  when Facebook and Instagram can be tauntingly torturous.  (“Doesn’t anyone ever post that their life may not be picture perfect?”).

Fortunately, I find that this morning crankiness generally lessens throughout the day with a.) sunshine, b.) exercise; c.) my pets (a, b, or c-or a combination of the three.  (“Thank you, God!”).