Sunday, November 11, 2018

A wonderful day...

I am the type of person who wakes up at 5 a.m. at the latest no matter what time I go to bed.  This has been the case for years.  This week I had a migraine lurking just below the surface and was severe enough that I had auras. Periodic flashes of light I don’t like to take my medication, Imitrex, because the side effects are nearly as bad as the migraine.Exhausted, I went to bed last night at 9 pm and woke up at 10 am without the lurking migraine. I hadn’t slept this deeply and this long for years.  I was able to do my Hatha yoga then had brunch with a dear friend I hadn’t seen in a few weeks.  When I came home, I read for several hours and then watched a PBS special “The Homefront” which focused upon veterans and their families who are impacted by the absence of their loved one who is called to serve a tour overseas.

It was a calm, quiet, low key day.  My favorite type of day.  A wonderful day.