Monday, December 10, 2018

It has been worth it...

I don't think those nuclear, middle class and/or affluent families get it (or want to get it) about what it is like to get their kid through college. To be that single parent who does not want their child to complete their degree with the burden of student loan debt. You are the one, the only that puts together the financial aid package of grants. You work those extra hours to pick up the rest of what is owed, of what the college demands you pay. 

My son, intelligent and ever inquisitive, made good grades but changed majors numerous times.  I told myself that I must provide for him a two parent support system, both emotionally and financially. 

It has been worth it.  I realize it has been worth it. Despite this I thank God it is to an end, at least for now. I wonder if those two parent, affluent families realize that the most difficult part of their child's education are just the hurdles that they do not have to endure?